Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Football Dude


I have no idea how I gave birth to someone who wants to play football. It's not that I don't like sports, it's just the idea of spending 16 hours at a camp where they MAKE you run and sweat and take some hits, rain or shine, that I'm not particularly inclined toward. Noah spent exactly that, 16 hours over 4 days, learning some football skills. He's been after us to let him play for a year and a half. So many people have told us that this boy is built for football and that, if he wants to play, he should learn how to do so properly. I was skeptical, I'll admit, until picking him up at the field after the first two-hour session.

Me: How was football, buddy?
Noah: Best thing in the WORLD!
Me: Did you get tackled?
Noah: Oh yeah! But I took a couple of guys down too.
Me: Did it hurt?
Noah: Yeah, but everyone was cheering for me.


The idea of anyone hurting my baby isn't a pleasant one. I don't get guy sports. I like to watch football, I just can't imagine willingly putting myself on the field. This is where the gender difference between mother and son really stands out. I'm a better soccer mom. I'd better suck it up. Regular season is underway.

5 comments:

Velda said...

lol....just imagine all the amazing scrapbooking layouts that you'll have tho! lol

Ara said...

Looks like he had fun! It's amazing how they change, and what you kinda think they want to do it totally not what they want to do...my son wants to play hockey :( Not my first choice...

Enjoy the short lived football season.

MonaS! said...

Looks like fun - I always wished I was a boy so that I could play! Football has always been my favorite sport. Great photos btw!

magickalstitches said...

Sounds like he had a great time!

Was good to read and catch up on you my friend, haven't "seen" ya around in ages. And because of that... TAG! You're it! LOL Go read my blog to see what's up... http://magickalstitches.blogspot.com/

Tammy said...

I love football. I love Noah's comment "Best thing in the world!"

Good for you putting aside your own thoughts at letting him give football a try.