Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Back at it!


The benefit of being a more regular scrapbooker than I am blogger is that I have loads of projects waiting to share. This is a layout I completed several weeks ago and I think I'm getting to the end of our soccer season pics. I really don't know if Sophie will play soccer again. She's already said no to playing indoor this fall and winter and we're okay with that. She's an active kid but she's not very big. At six-and-a-half years old and about thirty-six pounds, I don't really blame her. There are easily kids twice her weight and I think it's intimidating for her to see someone taller and heavier rushing at her. Doesn't seem to stop her brother from taking her down once in a while though (*smile*).

Yesterday was my first day back teaching music lessons and it went surprisingly well. It's not the lessons so much that I was thinking about but how the kids would do, especially as I taught several lessons in the afternoon. My first three students are also homeschoolers and are familiar to my children. The moms would stay upstairs while I taught down in the studio and everyone was well entertained by the turnover of people through the house every forty-five minutes. I had one more lesson in the afternoon, a Grade 12 student I've taught for about seven years. She has heard just about everything in her years of coming to our home so I am not concerned if I have to excuse myself for a minute. I didn't allow any TV during the day but did let the girls choose a program to watch during this lesson time. It worked splendidly! I had just over an hour to get some dinner going before I started my evening round of teaching. All in all I taught eight lessons. Next week I add one more in the evening and I will add one more after that once the high school football season ends. Three new students, seven returning. It's going to be a good year. Busy Tuesdays but now I don't have any lessons to teach until next week.

Early start today with a workout before Gary left for work. I am trying trying trying to get into a regular exercise routine. I hear people say how much better they feel when they exercise, blah blah blah. I'm not a big fan of sweating and I count the minutes until it's over. Maybe once I start to feel some results I will have better things to say. Discipline, right? Why can't my body just be a slightly oversized temple?? Oh well. It's done.

Coffee? I think I'll start a pot right now. Have a super Wednesday!

6 comments:

Velda said...

your layouts are gorgeous as usual, but I love your writing even more! You are a temple my friend! lol

Margaret said...

And the fall schedule begins!!!

I'm glad that you're including a workout for you in that schedule...

Ara said...

Nice layout! Sophie and Alexa are so similar! Maybe that's why they get along so well ;)

Hope your tuesdays get smoother for you. Glad you have something worked out with the homeschool familes to watch your littles!

Walks in the morning are probably very nice, cool, but nice, enjoy!!

hollyday said...

I love looking at your layouts--they're gorgeous! It sounds like a busy day, but on the other hand getting it all over with in one day is good I think ;). I'm totally with you on the exercise thing, although we've started "Disney walking" to prepare for our trip to Disney and we're really enjoying it :). ((Hugs))

Just Rhonda said...

LOVE that page!!!! Sounds like things are busy busy for you around home!! What kind of music lessons do you do? Piano?

Amydeanne said...

oversized temple? or deluxe model? teehee.. I'm there with ya!
love the scrap'in!