Thursday, February 7, 2008

I have the funniest kids!



Okay, so you may have funny kids too, but I have to tell you about this crack-up conversation I had with Olivia the other night.

She was in her room, all snuggled into her bed on the top bunk, reading while I got ready to read with her sisters on the lower bunk. "What's a cupid?" she asked. At least that's what I heard. I answered, "You know, those chubby little naked angel babies who shoot love arrows on Valentine cards." "Oh," she replied, puzzled. "So, if it says that something is 12 cubits high..." Then I realized that she was doing her Bible reading. She's currently in the book of Exodus, reading God's instructions to Moses about the specs on the tabernacle. "Oh," I said, "you mean a cubit! That's a measurement for length." She looked at me and started to laugh. Hard. She said, "I just had this picture of a stack of those little chubby angels used to measure stuff." We laughed and laughed over that one. Valentine's Day is going to have a different spin. I imagine reading the Old Testament will too.

5 comments:

Miriam Pauline said...

That is precious! Good to *see* you!

Velda said...

Beautiful and smart! Lucky mom you are!

Second the 'nice to see you' :)

Margaret said...

Hey you.

That is too funy!

homemom1001 said...

I really did laugh out loud - I could actually 'see' the look on her face for that one!!!

Unknown said...

Oh Renee! This is so fun to connect with you in the blogosphere! you are an AMAZING scrapper!!! Wow... I just drooled over your layouts. Have to go subscribe to your feed now!