Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Lilies of the flowerbed

When I was a child my mother spent hours out in the yard working on her flowerbeds. Every spring she would (and still does!) take me on a tour of her plants. I remember boring hours spent looking at annuals in greenhouses. I understand it now. I love peeking my head out the front door every morning to see if the perennials are growing in the early spring or if a bud opens as the plants mature. I breathe deeper in a greenhouse. I still have a lot to learn. It amazes me that God could think up so many colours and beautiful types of growing plants for our enjoyment. Butterflies, ladybugs, and other crawlies keep my children close to the blossoms. I get a small jolt of pleasure each time I pull out a weed and great satisfaction in digging in the dirt.

Enjoy these pics of our lilies, taken in this morning's sunshine. The bulbs were a Mother's Day gift from my husband and children several years ago.




4 comments:

Margaret said...

Wow! What kind are those? I LOVE red flowers! (And am looking for perennials to plant...)

Miriam Pauline said...

Gorgeous! Thank you for sharing your garden.

Velda said...

The lilies are gorgeous! And great photography too!

Ara said...

Wow, those are so red. Gorgeous! Good thing you got pictures!!