Tuesday, September 2, 2008

{randomness}

It's a new month and that means a new Scraptivity! kit. Here is one of the layouts I submitted for the Design Team reveal:




Journaling reads:
Homemaker - Homebody - Homeschooler - Stay-at-HOME mom. Not exactly the life I imagined. I thought I'd be a lawyer, marry late, and have 1 or 2 children. Make a real difference, you know? And now I'm pouring my life into what goes on between these 4 walls. Wife - Mother - Homemaker...making a real DIFFERENCE.

Isn't it amazing how you think you've got it all planned out? I've always admired women who are so settled in their path. I thought I was one. I'm really thankful that God planned differently for me.

Carrying on with Week 2 of our homeschooling year. I received two huge boxes of a curriculum order I placed last week. So many great titles to grace our bookshelves. Even my son's interest was piqued by a couple of the new books we unpacked. Reading Marguerite Henry's Justin Morgan Had a Horse
to my oldest two and we're all enjoying a good read. My 7-year-old is quite pleased with herself as she works through her Phonics book, thrilled with words like "skunk" and "plum". My youngest shows diligence and enthusiasm, for which I am thankful.

My eldest daughter is struggling right now with an infection on her leg as a result of a wipeout on her bike, an ingrown toenail, and a possible throat infection (we're awaiting the lab results). She's this stoic child who rarely reacts strongly to anything and is obviously dealing with a fair bit of discomfort and sadness as all parts of her body seem sore. I'm not always the best mom in these situations as I struggle not knowing what to do, how to fix things, and how much coddling/rebuke they need. I am hopeful that she feels at least a bit better in the morning.

There you have some randomness from me. It's just that kind of day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

>sigh< I won't even tell you what green envy this post instilled in me. We have a solid week of gardening still ahead of us before we can it the books. S told me today that she can't wait to start. Well neither can I, but if we want to eat this winter.... =D

Amydeanne said...

hey, I can relate.. I thought I'd be working and have 2 children a longgg time ago.. and here I am a little older and little more spacey, but lovin every minute of it!


Miss H did great at Kindergarten! off to FB tonight too..