Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Sticker Shock and Other Things

Renovating. I've mentioned our basement renovation which is actually going quite well. All walls are in place and we're making our way towards soon pouring self-leveling concrete to even out the floor. My designer backed out but I think I have a replacement that will likely work out better in the long run. I'm excited about that.

I've spent the last week or so getting estimates on some major outside work: siding, windows, eaves, redesign. This is where the sticker shock comes in. The construction market here is hot and you really have to book well in advance of when you want the work done. I'm looking at scheduling this for the spring and need to make a decision in the next few days, if not today. I'm waiting for a contractor who is 25 minutes late for our appointment. Not a good sign. My first choice at this point is pricey but highly recommended. Seems like such a grown up thing to do.

Football season has come to an end for this household. I think this photo will give you an indication of just how well things went:

8 comments:

Margaret said...

Wow! Congrats to the football dude!!

Home renos......ugh. Says she who has been in her house for 2 years and still hasn't painted! haha

homemom1001 said...

Yay Noah!!
Reno's are not a fun thing to spend that much money on, heh? We have been getting estimates on our driveway....yuck!
Then there is basement, closets, bathrooms...I will just stop there!

Kristin said...

Huge CONGRATS to Noah! Good luck getting all the repairs and renovations done in a timely manner.

Unknown said...

you are such an amazing photographer! I am just drooling over the pictures you sent me (not to mention the other stuff).

I hear ya in the reno department. I got the pamphlets for fall craft retreat, let me know if you are thinking of pursuing it. Please please pretty please with chocolate and cherry on top???/ :D

Amydeanne said...

WTG N-man! whooooohoooooooooooooo

Ara said...

Good photo, yah for the Canadians!

Hope your renos run smoothly as we went this cool, fall season! Can't wait to see the final result!

Amydeanne said...

tap tap tap... i'm waiting.. i need to see puppy pictures!!!

Amydeanne said...

cough cough