Monday, February 14, 2011

Loves of my Life

I have to admit to not being much of a Valentines person.  It's not that I don't like the reminder to tell those I love how much I appreciate them, it's just all the romantic pressure!  Our days don't allow for these great romantic diversions of dinners out, warm vacations, long walks on the beach....Okay, now I'm being silly.  What I desire is cultivate a life that doesn't need a particular day to celebrate love.  I want everything I do for my husband, my family, to come from a heart of love.  One day is just not enough of a focus.

That said, I do have little cards and treats for my five loves.  Right now my four children are sitting at the table doing their schoolwork lamenting the fact that Valentines Day doesn't count as a holiday from homeschooling.  I teach music lessons this afternoon and my husband leaves about ten minutes after my last lesson for a class he coordinates every Monday night.  I'll see him for roughly 9 minutes today.  Better make it count!

This layout is not exactly Valentines-ish.  I came across a LOT of older photos and wanted to use these of the birth of my first daughter, Olivia.  I saw this neat phrase for a title in an old magazine and used a sketch.  The cardstock is Stampin' Up, the patterned paper is Basic Grey, letter stickers are Scenic Route and American Crafts, the flower is cut out with my Big Shot, and the brad is Stampin' Up.  Look at these young people thinkin' they can have another baby!


Have a great Monday!  Any special plans for today/tonight?

8 comments:

Sharla said...

GReat layout!!! I'm not too much into Valentines Day either, as much as I love the people in my life, the pressure to go find something is sometimes too much.

I hope you are able to enjoy your 9 minutes with your hubby!

Jingle said...

This is a very cute layout! We don't really do Valentine's Day in our house, but I did make a few cards so I am going to give a couple to The Hubbums just for fun! LOL!

Becky said...

I love the border piece along your pictures. I'm mirroring your feelings on the big V-day :) but have a good one anyway!!

Tracy said...

It seems a lot of us aren't into the big hype about Valentines Day.
Love your layout. So special.

Hedgehog Reader said...

What a special layout - I love the way your clean lines keep the focus on the photos, yet the embellishment is so pretty. Regarding Valentine's Day - yours sounds cozy! We keep it simple too. A quiet dinner and TV together! :o)

Sharla said...

Hi Renee..I'm glad you've started blogging again, I really enjoy your style...I gave you an award on my blog, I hope you will accept! Please check it out for the details!!

http://www.sharla-thisthingcalledlife.blogspot.com/

Sue Althouse said...

We're not big on celebrating Valentine's Day. Love your layout, great title work and wonderful photos!

NC Peach said...

As much as I love Valentines Day, we really don't do it up as much as we did when we were younger. As for the 9minutes, that's okay...QUALITY trumps quantity, =D Very nice LO, and thanks for stopping by the blog! Will come to visit again soon! =D