Saturday, February 12, 2011

Party Faces

Yay, it's Saturday!  Haven't accomplished a lot today but I did get up, made coffee, ate a croissant, and started some more laundry.  We have a few soccer games this afternoon and then our girls are going over to spend time baking with a friend of mine.  I had really hoped to do some scrapbooking last night but ended up going to Costco with my husband and a couple of our girls.  Costco is totally the $300 store.  Doesn't seem to matter what combination of things we buy or how few things are actually on our list, we usually end up spending around $300.  We stopped for ice cream before we started shopping, that was the bribe to get me to come along.  Obviously, it worked.  When we got home and got everything put away and kids to bed I was too tired to sit at my scrap table so I worked on a knitting project while we watched a bit of TV.

This is a recent layout using, again, Scenic Route.  I used a sketch from Sketch Support and I really like how the mix of papers worked and how quickly this came together.  I cut the stars out of one of the patterned papers and popped a couple of them up on dimensional adhesive.  My kids haven't been into face paint for a number of years but I remember this day very clearly.

Here's to a great Saturday! 

7 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh isn't that the truth about Costco! I usually keep the budget smaller. Being single with no kids helps but I can see how easily it can go higher! Ha!

Love the layout! That looks like a Sketch Support sketch! Love your take on it. :)

hilde janbroers said...

love your layout!! so great to see you post so much on your blog.
have a great weekend!!

Cathy... said...

Great layout! I love those pics!

byondbzr said...

super cute pics, love the page you came up with for them!

Danielle said...

Great layout! Love the Scenic Route paper.

Tracy said...

Such a sweet layout.
Costco, wish I had one here. We have to go to Winnipeg which is 8 hour away. We still spend a small fortune there, teehee.

Keshet said...

This is gorgeous, fantastic design!