Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Christmas Card Confessions



I have wanted to make Christmas gifts for years but rarely get the time to do so. I haven't received many homemade gifts either but, when I do, they are absolute treasures. I hope the things I give this year will be able to convey how I feel about the recipients. These bracelets are my late night work from last night. I bought bracelet kits from 7gypsies, used Crate Paper and BG Fruitcake, and Crystal Effects. It was so much easier than I thought! If they don't want them, I'll gladly take them back. Especially the Christmassy one, I think it's my favourite.

I'm determined to not let this Christmas stuff get complicated but to also not let this year go by without doing the special things I want to do. Enter the Christmas card secret I've kept hidden for some time. Deep breath....I haven't sent out cards since 1999. What's worse is that I spent a small fortune on supplies for cards 2 years ago, made the cards but didn't assemble them. There are 40 of them. They're cute. It wouldn't take a long time to put them together. Deep breath. I can do this. If you would like to be on my list and think I don't have your address, please email it to me and we'll work it out. This Christmas or next. For sure.

5 comments:

Margaret said...

ROTFL. I haven't sent them out since 2001 I think. And also have a small fortune in supplies. And have a card shop's worth of store-bought cards. I'm actually sending them out this year only because I never sent out change of address cards. And yes I want one of your cards.

Lara said...

I think 2000 was the last time I sent out cards. Which, of course, has lead to me being dropped from many people's card lists. That's fine with me. It's not like I'm going to save all those Christmas cards, anyway.

_ said...

Cute bracelets. You did a great job on them.

I usually send out a few cards each year but nothing like I did years ago. Can never seem to find the time to sit down and write them out. (((Hugs))) and good luck on getting your cards out this year.

Sara Laughs said...

One year I sent out cards in February. I had them all addressed and stamped and forgot to send them so Steve dropped them in the mail. I got a lot of teasing but everyone remembered my cards that way, didn't they? LOL! Last year I couldn't get my act together. I'm trying again for this year.

I love your bracelets. They were offering classes at the last bead show for that and I peeked in the room when I was walking past. It looks like a lot of messy fun!

Jaime said...

how pretty!
I haven't sent out cards in a couple of years. I am so not a card person!