Thursday, December 21, 2006

Simple Baby Card



More and more I find myself drawn to clean lines and simple images. This is one of the first cards that looks like what I had pictured in my mind. I tend to use a lot of ink and have always liked "dirty" or shabby looks, but this clean and simple thing might be more up my alley. Sure didn't take long to make!

I used Bashful Blue Craft ink to stamp the square with Great Shapes. The sentiment is stamped in Chocolate Chip and is from the Graceful Words set. I used the "Welcome Little One" stamp from Riveting, stamped it with Bashful Blue Craft ink, then punched it out with the 1-1/2" circle punch, filled the centre in with a button from Fresh Favourites. I added a bit of glitter with a Sakura clear gel pen and found the soft blue ribbon in my stash. The paper is gorgeous Fabriano Medieovalis, wonderful to stamp on and work with. All supplies from Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.

I have a card to make as a thank you to a friend who picked up a bookshelf for us earlier this year. I have a bunch of Tim's gift certificates to put in it but I just seem a bit stumped with the card. Hopefully I can get it together tonight and post for you tomorrow. Today is cleaning day around here, the kids and I go to get our hair cut (and a bit of colour for me) this afternoon, and then tonight I am meeting a couple of girlfriends for dinner. Only 4 more sleeps!!!!

6 comments:

Tammy said...

What a beautiful card. I love the simplicity and clean lines too.

Ara said...

Very nice card Renee! Your friends will like it I'm sure!

Have a good evening! Where are you going to eat?

_ said...

Very pretty card...very elegant. Hope you had a nice evening.

Margaret said...

Beautiful. I'm kicking myself that I didn't scan/photograph the cards Jason made last night. Simple and elegant also. I need to get myself some of that fancy paper!

Where did you go to dinner?

Sara Laughs said...

Renee, that is stunning. Excellent job.

. said...

How lovely! What about a card shaped like a bookshelf..you can put words and simple designs on each shelf :) Okay it looks good in my head lol