Monday, December 18, 2006

'Twas the Monday before Christmas

and all through the house, all the children were hyper, you couldn't hear a mouse. The stockings were hung with lackluster care, in hopes that Miss Sophie would stop sticking things in there.

Seriously, the girl checks her stocking every morning, "just in case." We are full tilt into our last week of Christmas prep. All the Sunday school teachers have been given their tins of caramel corn, Christmas cards (22) were stuffed into church mailboxes yesterday morning, and stocking stuffers were purchased last night at the now 24/7 Walmart. I have yet to mail my packages or out of town cards, a little backwards, but hope to get those things out in the next day or so. We have a gingerbread kit ready to be assembled sometime today and I have a bit more baking to do, stuff we will keep instead of giving away. The only thing in question is the state of our laundry. Last time I checked, it still hadn't learned how to do itself.

I bought some Mod Podge yesterday at Walmart. I have some biggish chipboard projects in mind that I plan to use it for. Not sure if I will get to play with it before Christmas or not but a pot of glue?? How cool!

Wishing you joy, love and peace as you enter into this last week before Christmas!

7 comments:

Margaret said...

Joy and peace to you too!

We have purchased our tree. It sits in the backyard awaiting adornment. (Saturday's project).

I have two cross stitched ornaments to finish and one goes far far away. I hope that the recipient celebrates all 12 days of Christmas.

Have fun with your modgepodge. Great stuff.

Miriam Pauline said...

Jewel checks her stocking everyday as well!

I am still stitching my mom's gift. Need to mail it tomorrow or she won't get it by the end of the 12 days of Christmas. *sigh*

Must buy the stuff for gingerbread cookies tomorrow as the decorating mahem/party is Wednesday.

Tis the Season!

hollyday said...

We did our tree yesterday and will do the gingerbread house sometime this week or weekend. I should do some baking but don't know if I'll get around to it ;). I should really get around to doing cards one of these days so that they at least arrive in December lol! ((Hugs))

_ said...

LOL I'm guessing she is excited.

How'd assembly of the gingerbread kit go?

Amydeanne said...

it's a good thing we do wooden shoes lol... they are always full of someones toys. sounds like they are having fun! And you're ahead of me on the cards... I'm a slacker this year! Not to mention we were in toon town on the weekend with my dad.
Have a good one Ms. Rubber!... errr... Ms. Road?

Gaspegirl said...

lol... we could go one the road together- hehehe!

Ara said...

I hope that I will have one of those hand made cards you talk about up on my wall this christmas!
I have no stocking stalkers here. I bet it is cute though! One morning you should stick a lump resembling coal in there!! LOL