Friday, December 8, 2006

"Isn't She Lovely" or Thank You, Stevie Wonder



This isn't the shot I was going for. I was trying different settings with the camera, pretending I know a lot more about it than I actually do. Quite honestly, I was a bit annoyed that this particular 4-year old couldn't leave me to do "my stuff" for a few minutes so I tried to snap around her. And then this is what I upload. If I could freeze her right now, at this very age and stage of cuteness, I would be very tempted to do so. Thanks, Stevie Wonder. What other song could I have going through my head looking at this photo?

Several envelopes are addressed. I'm beginning to think this Christmas card confession was good for more than the soul. Canada Post, lick your chops, I just might be contributing to your bottom line this year. I bought 4 lbs. of butter at Costco today in preparation for the Caramel Corn production line of 2006. At last count there were 12 gift tins to be filled. I'm off to look through my stamp sets for possible tag images to finish off these festive tins.

Just a warning: tomorrow is Saturday. A Saturday in December. Avoid shopping if you can. It's just not worth the aggravation and there is no possible way you will find the perfect gift. Even if you did, I'm sure someone would ram you with a cart. I'm telling you, it's not worth it. Stay home. Make some hot chocolate. Make a shopping list if you must. Just don't risk catching the wrong kind of Christmas spirit.

10 comments:

Margaret said...

That's a wonderful picture! Wow!!!! You'd think you had that camera for years.

Duly noted. I'll snuggle in today and NO SHOPPING.

Megan said...

Beautiful photo!!! WOW!

I'm with you on the shopping - now that I'm not working, I do all my shopping during the week, as early in the day as I can. Makes the xmas season so much easier. I live in the mall capital of NJ, and it is INSANE.

Miriam Pauline said...

The photo is awesome! But I did go shopping on a Saturday in December today. Christmas spirit is intact--it was an awesome day!

_ said...

What an awesome picture!!

Glad your Christmas cards are moving right along. :)

LOL about not shopping on a Sat in December. So true!

Jaime said...

what a pretty tree!
lol about shopping on Saturdays

Tina said...

What a great shot!

Sara Laughs said...

That is a beautiful photo. Once I was fussing at Grace while taking her photo because she wasn't posing the same way as the rest of the kids and the photographer fussed at me. She said I'll like the photo better if I let the kids be more natural and boy was she right!

Congrats on getting the cards assembled. You keep reminding me that just because I put mine togther and addressed them that does not mean they will mail themselves. I need to get these things out the door! LOL!

the Wild One in the DC area said...

This is Jill(jwilds13)

Very good photo..even if it wasn't entirely what you wanted. I need to do cards also!!!!

hollyday said...

I'm a little late on this one lol, but it's a wonderful photo! I not only went shopping today (the 16th) but took the boys too ;). Not only that but I took them to Tysons which is one of the busiest malls in the DC/metro area--it actually went very well :). I think it helped that the majority of the shopping we did was for the Salvation Army Angel Tree--shopping for the right reasons and all :). ((hugs))

Ara said...

Great photo of miss Georgia!! That's worthy of a frame and enlargement!! Costco does them pretty cheap!