Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Thought I'd have something to share...

but I don't! I received a cool book in the mail today that I ordered a while back. It's Easy Patterns for Scrapbooking put out by Creating Keepsakes. Really detailed patterns for creating several different layouts and wasting very little. My kind of thing, I like to have a pattern. I cut all the paper for three 2-page layouts and started putting one together. It turns out that it calls for machine sewing, which I've been wanting to try on a layout for sometime. I take a deep breath and head downstairs to where I've had the sewing machine set up since my mom and I hemmed a pair of pants on New Year's Eve. Someone took the spool of thread off.

I know, doesn't sound like a big problem. This machine, however, is ancient and I no longer have the instruction manual. My mom and I spent a good chunk of time threading it (is that what you say with a sewing machine?) when she was here. I don't remember how we eventually got it to work properly but I thought I would just leave it all assembled with this nice neutral coloured thread. Apparently one of the short little imps around here had a different idea. Hoping to devote some time to this tomorrow. I vow to conquer that machine once and for all!

Everyone seems to be feeling better here. Certainly a strange virus going around, this high fever thing. It's bitterly cold out this week and the forecast shows little change. By February we have just had it with being shut inside. The kids have been quite eager to get bundled up to play outside once they hear the school bus returning their friends from across the street. I'm all for it! They say that little groundhog didn't see his shadow and spring will be early. What does that mean in Saskatchewan? Like May 31st instead of June 1?

More later.

5 comments:

Ara said...

Glad everyone is starting to feel better! Definitely in need of a get-a-way I'd say!

Sara Laughs said...

I hope the high-fever thing passes through quickly.

I saw a cross stitch book at Michaels the other day that made me think of you but I can't remember the exact title. It had to do with stamping and stitching but it was done in a very classic way - not like little country ducks and chickens sort of thing. I'll keep looking and see if I can find it.

Marina said...

Glad to hear everyone is on the mend, having sick little ones is always rough especially in the middle of freezing weather.

Hope you are able to conquer the sewing machine today and show us the layout when its done.

. said...

"Like May 31st instead of June 1"
I laughed my guts out when I read this lol sorry! ((Hugs)) I'd suggest you move east, but we're not any warmer than you are. Okay well maybe by about -10 degrees but when you get to -20, -30 and -40 aren't that much different. I had to giggle about the sewing machine. My imps abduct my spools often. I used to have to get my dad to come over and thread (yes that's the right term) my old singer sewing machine, I could NEVER get it right...I finally bought a new one :)

Margaret said...

Oh I'm glad you've driven all those germs from your house!!!

When I borrowed Megan's sewing machine and it came unthreaded I absolutely panicked!!!!