Thursday, February 8, 2007

Yearning for Summer


It was fun to choose some older photos for this layout. This was our first "real" family vacation. I say "real" because we had been places to visit people for events and such, but this was the first time where the vacation was the point. It was still a combination, as we stayed with my sister and brother-in-law, but we had so much fun going to different places and enjoying some great summer weather. My sister and her husband had just built their first home, a lovely one, in a subdivision with a wonderful lake. It's a man-made lake but designed to be as natural as possible. They hauled in granite for the lake bottom, there is a wonderful sandy beach, and some terrific play structures which we used and abused. It is a "residents only" facility, meaning they pay a yearly fee for access, but we could get in if we were with them. There are even kayaks and canoes available for use. Noah was so funny! He just loves the water and had to be the first one in each time we went, yelling like a banshee all the way into the water, shocked at the initial cold but fully immersed before it really hit him. Good times!

Certainly a contrast with our -20C and colder weather. No break in sight yet. I'm trying to think of a creative way to take our minds off it this weekend. Not sure how to do that yet. Maybe Gary and I will use one of our Christmas gift cards to go out for a pre-Valentines Day dinner? Maybe we will stay home and stage a luau? Maybe we'll just blast the furnace and go through the weekend in t-shirts and shorts? Stay tuned!

Oh, yes I did watch Wife Swap, for those of you who were wondering. Not a stellar program, I doubt you need to be told that. My favourite line was this motocross mom telling the environmentally aware family that "for the next week we'll be throwing our garbage in the garbage can, like normal people." My composting husband (not that he himself is compost, he just has his own bin) got a good eye roll out of that when I related that line to him. (Just to be clear, I'm sure he'd want me to let you know that he doesn't watch the show, nor does he really approve of others watching it either. There. I've given my media review and reprove for the week.)

Off to make this place look like a bomb did NOT indeed go off before Gary comes home from work. Our weekend begins now as he is off tomorrow! More later!

5 comments:

Ara said...

Great Layout! You did a great job! Don't ya just luv those little bathing beauties!! Bet your looking forward to your vacation this year!

Looking forward to hearing about your weekend after we get back from ours!!!

Amydeanne said...

awww love the layout. Of course with cuties like your's it's hard to do a bad layout!

so can the bomb squad visit my house next? I'm afraid I think we have several hiding underfoot in this hostile environment! hehe

Margaret said...

Oh I love the layout!!!! It even makes me feel warm.

I know I know I can't complain.

. said...

I just love reading your blog. You're such a great writer. Now I wish I'd watched wife swap, it was the first one I've missed in a long time! Your layout, as usual, is lovely and warmed me up for a brief moment. I love the furnace/shorts idea, of course then I'd have to pay the bill later lol

Meari said...

Your scrapbook pages are great. I watch WS every now and then, and I'm amazed at how people are. LOL