Thursday, August 28, 2008

First Digital Layout



I didn't think I'd ever try digital scrapbooking. I bought Photoshop Elements 6 in May. I had to have it. Then I didn't have a clue what to do with it. Small problem, right? After asking around a bit, I decided to take a scrapbook-focused Photoshop class at http://www.jessicasprague.com/. I have finished the Week One lesson and have my little layout for you to take a look at. What do you think? Surprisingly fun and I've learned how to do a lot in Photoshop (which maybe isn't saying much since I knew nothing, nada, zilch prior to starting the class). What do you think?

Thank you for all the kind thoughts and concerns regarding my last post. I can say that this is a necessary valley for me to walk through in order to move forward in my marriage, my walk with God, my ability to be an effective mentor, and just to live life abundantly. It's a dark valley, to be sure, but I came across this verse in my reading this morning and I think it describes what I'm clinging to right now:

Do not rejoice over me, O my enemy
Though I fall I will rise;
Though I dwell in darkness, the LORD is a light for me. (Micah 7:8, NASB)

8 comments:

Kristin said...

It looks great.

Unknown said...

I didn't think I'd like digi scrapping, but I'm thinking it's gotta be faster?? I liked the "social" aspect of scrapping with the girls once a month, but the fact is, that leaves me still scrapping alone the rest of the time, and I would love to move a little faster. I'm thinking I just need to simplify though and keep at the hands on scrapping since Prairie Guy just bought me a photo printer though :o wouldn't he just kill me if I asked for a digital program. want to expand on what your comment over at my place, have some thoughts in my head (of course!) but I don't want to respond on the fly and want to think through what you said very carefully. Love ya!!!!

Amydeanne said...

love it R! It looks so great! and miss G is such a peach! soooo stinkin adorable!

I've know of lots of places that give free digi kits, so let me know if you need some! :)

Dark Vallies... ya we're treading through one again.. this whole week has been on a down slope with issues I'd rather not deal with.. hugs and prayers my friend!

God Bless!

_ said...

It looks wonderful! Nice job.

Velda said...

gorgeous and I love your new blog layout

Margaret said...

Love it! My friend Bobbi does digital scrapbookin and want me to try...

http://sbtessier.blogspot.com/

Ara said...

Very nice digital scrap page!

Hope that you get through your dark valleys soon! and a stronger person because of it!

Power Up Love said...

You've got a great eye for design and you like a Photo Shop professional already.

I invite you to visit www.PowerUpLove.com a community of real people sharing real stories about how Love (God) has really impacted and changed their lives. Blessings...