Monday, August 25, 2008

New Look?

Playing around with settings and such. Anyone know how I can stretch the template to make it take up more of the screen?

Started school this morning with some hostility from the masses. They'll get over it, I'm sure. I try to ease into our schedule, gradually adding materials and subjects as we move towards our full load. I'm desperately trying to stick to a wake-up time and basic morning plan for myself so that I can spend some time with God, make some coffee, have a shower, make the bed, that sort of thing. Years of getting up in the night developed a habit of getting up when the first child arose but I really need that time in the morning before they need me. Hoping to see a little more fruitfulness from the work of the day.

Personally working through some tough issues that have come to the surface this summer. Be encouraged to seek godly counsel (notice I did not say "counsellor" in the societal, pay-for-it, letters after the name kind of counsel) and work through anything that is hindering your walk with the Lord. I am in a valley right now but leaning on the promises of the Faithful One.

I completely enjoy this blogging thing. Thanks for taking the time to read this, dear one.

I leave you with a layout I recently completed:

9 comments:

Amydeanne said...

io love the journal! and that pic below.. ooo that collage it so beautiful!

Congrat's on starting school! I'm trying to figure out how to get organized enough to do anything lol.. without much luck...

VBS was a blast, but even H asked if we could have a pj day today so was feeling so tired!

hard to believe summer is coming to a close isn't it? we're working on getting gravel and finish the leveling this week.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your heart. And thanks for sharing the scrapbook page. What a fantastic picture! you rock.

Tammy said...

Sending you a great big hug while you figure out the things troubling you.

Good luck with finding the time for yourself in the mornings. It is my desire too, for those peacefully quiet moments in the morning. I love to sit with my thoughts and know I'm okay with myself. It is in the morning I find to be the best time for me.

Margaret said...

Squishy hugs and prayers, my friend.

Love the layout. Friends like that are truly a treasure (you're one, so there).

Unknown said...

Hey girl. Praying for you in your valley. Sorry that I'm not there to lend an arm. Know that my heart is with you. If you pick one of the boring wider "stretch" templates you can beef it up with background and font colors and sizes, I don't think you can stretch the column of the template you picked, but I could be wrong. (((Hugs)))

Kristin said...

Are you really set on keeping this template or are you open to changing it? I have found templates (not through blogger but for blogger) that have a wider area. Some even have another column so you can include more things.

I hope the issues you are dealing with work out.

And, I love that layout.

Anonymous said...

I always enjoy reading here! The scrapbook stuff is impressive-- very pretty. As far as templates go, I know *nothing* about blogs or layout or how to tamper with anything. I'm sort of blissfully clueless.

And I'm sorry about your struggle, but I love how you look to the Lord and seek Him in it. Of course He will be faithful you in this. :-)

Blessings to you,
Susan

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.ile-maurice.com/forum/members/wetter-vorhersage.html][b]deutsches wetter[/b][/url]

[url=http://www.ile-maurice.com/forum/members/wetter-vorhersage.html][b]wetter wetter[b][/url]

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.ile-maurice.com/forum/members/wetter-vorhersage.html]wetter 2004[/url]

[url=http://www.ile-maurice.com/forum/members/wetter-vorhersage.html]wetter prognose[/url]