Monday, January 1, 2007

Card Box and the New Year



This was such a fun project! For some unknown reason I felt I had time to do this in the few days leading up to Christmas. I guess I needed to do something more creative than wrapping gifts for a couple of hours. This box was a class I missed at my local scrapbooking store. I doubted my competence but altering stuff with patterned paper is turning out to be one of my favourite things! Another surprise to me is that I am drawn to funky retro papers. When I look through magazines and galleries, I just love the distressed look. Duplicating that look seems to be less successful for me than I thought. Still finding my own style.

January started in a less than pleasant way: either the mix of foods I consumed yesterday didn't agree with me or I caught some kind of a stomach bug. My parents left after visiting us for a few days and I was looking forward to having some time to scrapbook or cross stitch this afternoon and evening. However, it was not to be and I spent a lot of the day not feeling well. I'm starting to feel a bit better now and I'm hoping for a good sleep tonight.

I have been stitching! I'll post an update soon. I've been working on Thoughtful Heart by Shepherd's Bush and am loving working with wonderful silks again. I always think of Holly, my SB partner in crime, when I work on a SB kit or design. I needed something to do while at my MIL's from the 25th-28th and managed to get a few good hours of work in while my children were entertained by their cousins.

Hope your week is off to a good start. Are you making any goals for yourself this year? I still need to think this over for a bit but I am definitely doing some reflecting this week. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

8 comments:

Megan said...

Love the box, and glad to hear you are stitching again! Can't wait to see your WIP. So sorry the stomach bug found you - my husband's entire family had it for Christmas :(

I'm still thinking through my goals, but I've got some ideas. I think its going to be a good year!

Amydeanne said...

love the box! It's beauUtiful!
I think lotsa people have the bug.. hope you feel better soon!
re: resolutions... less sugar, more Jesus, how's that?

Tammy said...

OMG I love the little box you made. It is adorable.

Glad you're starting to feel a bit better now. There seems to be a nasty bug going around. Darn thing needs to just leave you and yours alone.

As for resolutions, the one thing I really want to do is read more and to have the house less messed. :)

Sara Laughs said...

Nice job on that box! I need to learn to make things like that for my jewelry. It gets pricy trying to buy them all the time.

I think there's a stomach bug going around. You are not the first one I've heard complain of being struck by it. I hope you're feeling better now or if not, soon!

I have only one big goal this year. I want to look good in our vacation photos this year. We're going to Disney in November and I am working on getting this weight off for good!

Happy New Year!

Ara said...

Very nice box Renee, hope you had a good visit with your parents!!

I'm just going to keep up my walking and trying to eat less this year!

Margaret said...

Very cool.

I'm working on this year's goals still. Keeping in better touch with a certain Canadian tops my list! :)

Miriam Pauline said...

Great box! Hope you are feeling better soon. We all have colds here, and that put a damper on this week.

You've read my resolutions already. Thank you for the encouragement and the book recommendation. I'm pretty sure you were the first to recommend Love and Respect to me as well, and it is so awesome. I thank you (and so does DH!)

Jaime said...

what a cute box!
woohoo on stitching again.
I hope you are feeling better.
I missed you. I wondered where you were at.
my only goal for this year is to be a better Christian