Monday, January 22, 2007

Morning Meeting



In the morning, O LORD, You will hear my voice;
In the morning I will order my prayer to You and eagerly watch. Psalm 5:3 (NASB)

After a few tough days of busy schedules, demanding children, feelings of inadequacy, and endless tasks, this is how the Lord chose to bless me this morning. Before the school day had started, I glanced over from the computer desk and saw this most beautiful sight. She's seven years old. She plays the piano and loves crafts. She's easily frustrated with herself and uncommonly merciful with others. She was my reminder, as this week began, to focus my time on things of eternal value, that this is the WHY in answer to the question about the choices I have made. Let no one look down on you because you are young.

Doesn't this verse fit perfectly with my "one little word" for 2007, LISTEN? How cool! I am planning to do a scrapbooking layout that focuses on that word, but I'm not sure what it will look like yet. I am in need of some general type cards, I used up five cards this weekend so it's time to replenish the stock. Besides, then I have stuff to show you, right?

A couple more things have cleared off my schedule and I'm wondering what that means for opportunities over the next few months. I had agreed, last year, to be a part of the worship team for the upcoming womens' retreat at our church. A good friend of mine has led several times over the last few years and I turned her down last year, just wanting to go and participate, but I promised her my services for this year. She hadn't contacted me about it so I asked yesterday and found out that someone else is leading the music and she is leading a session instead. Woohoo! No rehearsals or extra pieces to learn, the retreat is just weeks away and that is cutting it close for me to feel prepared. Yesterday afternoon I met, for the last time, with one of the young women I've been mentoring since May. She's moving to BC on Wednesday. I am so excited for her but it was a very difficult goodbye. I've grown to love her and am so delighted to have had the privilege to watch her mature in her faith over the last several months. So cool. There are a couple of rumblings of ministry possibilities but nothing concrete as of yet. Maybe I'm entering a more relaxed season. Or maybe there is something around the corner that I cannot yet see. I suppose at this point my role is to listen and "eagerly watch."

9 comments:

Amydeanne said...

now you have time to "teach" me!!!!!!!!
I'm looking forward to the ladies retreat too! Actually well ready for the break.

Miriam Pauline said...

What an awesome picture of your daughter. I look forward to the day when I can see that kind of evidence of what the girls are learning.

How good of God to free up some time for you. Can't wait to see what He will fill it with.

Ara said...

What a wonderful feeling that is to see your child reading from the word of God! I love when it happens, and long for it to be a regular occurrence! But I have to make it a regular occurrence in my life first.

Glad you are able to go to the ladies retreat and just relax, and "listen" it is probably a Good thing, and God knows when we need it the most! I'm looking forward to going aswell!!

Margaret said...

I am thankful that you are being given many opportunities to listen!

Can't wait to see your new cards.

And that is an awesome picture.

Bonnie said...

What an awesome sight to catch and on film too. Good luck with your retreat.

Kristin said...

I love that picture!

_ said...

How cool! What a wonderful way to have started the day.

Dawn said...

I just ran across your blog post. What a wonderful morning for you. It must be relaxing to know your schedule has freed up, yet a little anxious as to what God has in store for you.

I look forward to your "Listen" scrapbook layout. I need to stop and listen right now. Be blessed!

Queen to my 3 Boys said...

What a beautiful picture!