Wednesday, January 24, 2007

WIP Wednesday



It's a Stitch-a-thon Week at Cross Stitch Crazy, a message board I have been a part of for almost six years and a place where I've met some dear dear friends. I try to participate and actually have had more success this past year since the curse of the SAT has been lifted from me. In years past, it was inevitable: SAT meant I would not have an opportunity to even look at my stitching during that week. The last couple of nights it has been wonderful to snuggle up on the couch and enjoy some quiet stitching after the little ones have gone to bed. This is my progress on Thoughtful Heart by Shepherd's Bush. Stitched with one strand of silk floss and oodles of delicious specialty stitches. Gary gave this to me a couple of years ago for my birthday or our anniversary (can't remember which) and I've finally decided to stop hoarding these kits and use them up!

Feeling a bit sad today as I know my friend is leaving for BC and her new home there. Sigh. Seems like this is a common occurrence in this city, saying goodbye. We have practiced this several times over the last eight years that we've lived here. This city seems to be just the right size for transition: people move here from a smaller centre and use it as a stepping stone to where they really want to go. We have other friends going through a tough time, faced with some decisions. I had a good little cry last night and a conversation with my husband about how I need to guard my heart. It's great to be invested in others but I cannot feel responsible for their decisions and I cannot let it affect how I function. A bit too tender, perhaps. So, I pray and carry on with my own life which needs enough attention. Finding that balance between sharing burdens and becoming incapacitated by things I have no control over will likely be something I struggle with my whole life.

School. Oh yeah, I guess we should do some! Have a great day! I so appreciate the kind comments left on here. It's wonderful to know that you find dropping by here worthy of your time! Blessings on your day.

7 comments:

Ara said...

What is SAT? and WIP (work in progress?) Your project looks very good, I hope you post a picture of the final result!!

Praying for you and your situations!

Have a great day!

Unknown said...

SAT = Stitch A Thon We spend a week or even a MONTH madly stitching as much as we can and keeping track of the number of stitches and number of minutes. Then one of our Board members totals up everything and you'll usually see Renee down near the bottom because we are, afterall, leading members of the SSC (Slow Stitcher Club).

Yep, WIPs are Works in Progress. I have more than Renee which makes me superior. hahaha

Hey Renee! Love the SB.

And you ARE a very tender-hearted person. I hope you find the right balance between guarding and and giving your heart.

Unknown said...

Well duhhhh. That should say "Renee and me". I think I'll give up blogs for the day and go stitch.

Lana said...

I have to be honest, I envy your trait of wearing your heart on your sleeve, it makes you such a generous and wonderful person. I wish I was more like you.

I guess we all have our personality traits that we don't like, but know that your trait is special and unique and most people would want to be just like you.

I am thinking about you. It must be hard to have friends that leave. I have dealt with that a few times myself, and I guess maybe my personality has allowed me to get used to it. But I wish I was more like you. Sometimes I feel cold for not "caring" as much! Hugs Renee

_ said...

(((Hugs))) sweetie!

Megan said...

(((hugs))) Your SB is beautiful! So glad to hear the curse has been lifted :)

Amydeanne said...

love the project! It looks like it's coming along beautifully.

Our lovely city seems to always attract and than re-tract people... hense I'm on my 3rd doctor in 4 years! I loved my last two and I'm getting leary that anyone will stay anymore!

I had a good laugh this morning at ladies morning group. We were talking about "when the rubber meets the road!" couldn't help but think of you!
take it easy!