Thursday, January 11, 2007

Road Trip Layout


Our first camping trip this summer was enhanced by a few road trips (and a welcome escape to the indoors). On this very hot day we made a drive from our campsite in Cypress Hills to the T-Rex Discovery Centre in Eastend. I had not travelled this corner of the province much before and there are definitely more cattle than people! We had a great day, the centre itself is a firstrate attraction, and we enjoyed exploring this little town after our tour (and had a great meal at a local restaurant called "Jack's"). All in all, this week long trip was a huge success for us and we are looking ahead to planning another camping trip this summer.

Funny I should write about this trip today as the weather is on the complete opposite end of the spectrum. At 2:30 PM my thermometer is showing -27C (about -20F). We've managed to escape the blizzards that ripped through most of the province yesterday but this is curl-up-by-the-fire-with-a-good-book-and-hot-chocolate kind of weather. Hard to convince me of global warming on a day like today. And don't bother sending me links to the contrary. Until I can pick a lemon from my own tree in this yard I will remain unconvinced.

I am challenging myself this year to use up more of what I have in craft supplies, both stitching and scrapbooking. I may have already cheated a bit since I have a few orders coming from various sources that were placed before I made this admirable decision. However, today I stumbled across these great albums: http://www.americancrafts.com/subcategory.php?id=21&sub=72 and now I have to have them. I have one more album to fill up (one of a set of two I purchased at Costco a few years back, nothing special) and then I am going to make the move to these Modern Albums. How cool that the covers are chipboard! Just think of the possibilities. Okay, deep breath. I was going to try and do 50 layouts with no purchases. I think I can say with relative certainty that that is just not going to happen.

My parents are visiting this weekend so I'm off to scrub things. They have more of a penchant for cleanliness than I do. Without a doubt.

7 comments:

Ara said...

Great layout! Those chipboard albums look neat! Your doing a great job with your scrapbooking! Keep up the good work!

Margaret said...

Happy Scrubbing.

Oh those albums are very very cool. Great layout! Goodness you're creative.

_ said...

Love your layout. Sounds and looks like you guys had a great time. Brrrr, that's cold. I think I'll keep my 30 degree weather even though I'm not liking that at the moment. LOL Good luck on using up your stash instead of buying new. I need to do that as well. Very cool album!

Jaime said...

love the layout.
have a great weekend with your parents!

. said...

I was thinking of you as I was watching the weather channel. I think you need to go to the grocery store for your lemons ;) Great layout! happy scrubbing

Amydeanne said...

have fun scrubbing. Just got back from me mum's house myself! Have to admit, she was happy to see us go! We disturb the peace a little much and we're not sure what the word quiet means anymore...
love the scrap! I actually got some done this weekend too.

Meari said...

That's a neat layout. I wish I had more time to do scrapbooking.